Do you love strategizing about the meaning of numbers? Are you interested in what the numbers say about people’s underlying values and beliefs? Do you naturally draw strategic implications as soon as you see the facts…..If so, we want to hear from you!
Insight is a boutique strategic research and branding firm located in Tribeca. We offer a culturally relaxed and intellectually stimulating work environment. We are currently seeking to hire an Associate Director in our quantitative department. You will have 4-7 years of experience managing quantitative research projects on topics associated with branding and communications for media, technology, youth, or retail clients. In this short time frame, you would have demonstrated significant career progress and leadership potential.
The role of the associate director, quantitative, is to:
• Lead the design of quantitative survey instruments and analysis plans
• Manage and lead quantitative analyses of survey results, identifying psychological or sociological constructs that impact behavior
• Create and defend hypotheses based upon the data, leading to a story that addresses the issue being studied
• Write presentations clearly communicating the results of the analysis appropriate for a senior business audience
• Manage between 3 – 6 projects concurrently
• Assist in new business development
• Participate in R&D for thought leadership initiatives and new product development
• Conduct analysis using statistical software such as SPSS, SAS, etc.
• Manage field houses who conduct our quantitative fielding
• Transform raw data into tables and banners for analysis
The candidate must be comfortable with and have experience conducting such statistical analysis as:
• Correlation and Regression
• Cluster Analysis/ Factor Analysis/ Correspondence Analysis
• Conjoint /MaxDiff / Discrete choice modeling
Experience doing market segmentations, product development and testing (including pricing), brand positioning and tracking is strongly preferred.
The ideal candidate should have a solid background in statistics and the social sciences or liberal arts. They should be comfortable identifying meaningful patterns in data and relating evidence back to underlying psychological or sociological motivations. While the data they will work with is statistical, the content is focused on underlying motives in consumer behavior.
The candidate should be a team player who is comfortable working in a fast paced client services environment.
4 - 7 years experience at a market research firm, a brand or innovation consultancy, the planning group of an advertising agency, or in a market research capacity on the client side is required. A graduate degree in the social sciences (M.A. or Ph.D.) is preferred. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.